Sunday, January 18, 2009

introducing MAYA


after church today, uncle mark & aunt jennjer took the kids to the park while i went to the grocery store (feeding a family of ten requires some strategic couponing!).


when my cell phone rang, i could tell something was up when i heard mark's voice. my IMMEDIATE thought was that someone had gotten hurt during their outing. instead, he began to tell me about the dog that they just met at the park. a dog that was accompanied by an SPCA volunteer. a dog that was in need of a good home.


after lots of questions on my part, lots of begging on my children's part, and lots of assurance from mark that he'd help with the training, MAYA came 'home.'


she's already made herself at home and is behaving like she's been here forever. here's hoping the coming days are as easy of a transition as this evening was!


No comments: