Monday, July 6, 2009

so i had this moment today...

took the kids to the pool today for a bit just to get out of the house.

summer here in houston can make you go a little stir crazy...kind of like winter in cleveland.





we're having a 'cool' day today...it's only 95. wooohoooooo!

austin was totally engaging the boys...and i actually had a moment where i was able to close my eyes and just bask in the sunshine.

so i'm sitting there, chin tilted upward, sun on my face. tuning out the background noise...lots of laughter and shouting that fades away as i get lost in the peaceful moment.
that's when it hits me:

this is God's desire for us. for me. for you.

to peacefully lay ourselves before him.
to soak in his presence.
to turn our face upward toward the son.
to plant our feet in the rivers of his mercy & grace.
to come away from his presence with a healthy glow.
to be refreshed.


and then with one loud, 'HEY MOM, WATCH WHAT I CAN DO,' my quiet moment was over and it was back to reality.

it brings new meaning to the whole encouragement phrase 'KEEP YOUR CHIN UP.' it's not a self-sufficient, suck it up kind of thing...but rather a 'I CAN'T DO THIS ON MY OWN AND SO I TURN MY FACE TOWARD YOU' kind of thing.


i'm so thankful that even in the day to day routine...even when i don't take the time to go to him, he still comes to me.

1 comment:

Heather said...

what a beautiful post! thanks for sharing the message that so many of us need to be reminded of!