Monday, April 4, 2011

N is for NO WORDS

You know me...I'm a wordy girl :) But this morning, today, there truly are no words that can adequately describe my heart.
Two weeks ago they had baptism at our church. Set aside your personal beliefs on immersion vs. sprinkling, infant vs. not, because that's not at all what this is about.




This is about the fact that my nine year old son came to me and said he wanted to be baptized to show God how much he loved him. Hudson said he wanted to do the same. I told them that Austin and Sissy had not been baptized yet and so Carson called them downstairs and asked if they would get baptized too. They all agreed.


Only one thing: Daddy wasn't going to be here the weekend baptism was scheduled. I figured it would just have to wait. I didn't want him to miss it. But when our friend & pastor, Jason, found out about this he said he'd just go ahead and do another baptism since Bobby was in town.


And so yesterday morning, I watched as each of my children publically acknowledged their love for God and their desire to live their lives following Him (even, in the words of my daughter, if it means moving to Virginia Beach).





Austin
summed it up when he said that "this is a great way to start our family's new journey." I couldn't agree more.




There truly are no words. I am so blessed to have these children in my life.




I am thankful for the blessing that they are to me.


I am humbled by the opportunity to impact their lives. I am grateful that they don't have any understanding of just how different life is for them than it was for me.


I am thankful beyond belief that despite my inadequacy they continue to thrive.


I thank God for the precious gift of my family.


I am blessed.


(and apparently, maybe i DO have a few words LOL)

3 comments:

Diane said...

absolutely precious. What a treasure that memory will be!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad I missed it. But you are right, they are great kids who truly understand God and his plans.
A. Jennjer

Jenn said...

Awwww, ready to cry!!! What an amazing gift! God is good!