Monday, October 31, 2011

saving up for therapy...


do you remember second grade? did anything traumatic ever happen to you that still haunts you? a memory of children laughing at you, your cheeks BURNING with embarassment?


um, yeah...we BARELY ESCAPED one of THOSE memories this morning.


the big kids were long gone & i was racing around getting the boys ready to head out the door to the bus stop. carson BEGGED to please wear his fedora with his hoodie sweatshirt...whatever. i finally just said yes. he's SUCH a little hipster. and bobby put the finishing touches on hudson's PIRATE COSTUME...a red bandana tied 'round his cute little head.



you see, fourth graders are TOO COOL to dress up for a party at school. but hudson's class is having a party today. and the note said COSTUMES.



and sooooo, out the door they went. til hudson came RUNNING back to tell me that NO ONE ELSE at the bus stop (best friend -- same class -- included) were wearing costumes.



when i told him that i was SO SURE that he was supposed to wear it, and 'how 'bout you just ride the bus and if you get to school and no one else is wearing one, i'll bring you clothes?' i saw tears fill up the corners of his eyes and he said, 'but mom...i don't want to have to sit there and WAIT for you if i'm the only one dressed up.'


and so carson rode the bus with his friends while i made a phone call to the school. hudson's teacher laughed. apparently the note said NO COSTUMES.



oops. lmbo. he changed clothes & we headed out so i could drive him to school. he in his skinny jeans and gap hoodie, me in my monkey jammie pants and mismatched hoodie. and he turns to me and says, 'are you SERIOUSLY going to wear THAT?'



ha ha ha.



and in case you don't remember some of these, i've chronicled why it SUCKS to be the fourth kid...ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR MOM SELLS STUFF ON EBAY. check out hudson modeling some of the costumes i've sold over the years. and if you'd like to contribute to future therapy bills, feel free to send a donation. this POOR, POOR KID. hee hee hee.








i'm pretty sure he's flipping me off in this one. :)


God, i love love LOVE this kid. please PLEASE help him to not hate me when he gets old enough to realize how much i've screwed him up. lol.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am rolling on the floor in my office. I NEVER saw those costume pics. The pink poodle had me howling. OMG! He is going to need therapy. You are killing me. Thank God he came back from bus stop. He may never have forgiven you. I am dying right now with laughter.
jenn :)

wendy said...

oh jenn, i KNOOOOW. i laughed til i had tears running down my face this morning. even BOBBY...who is normally such a grump in the morning...could not stop laughing. i've now determined that i would hate to be MARRIED to me and that i would hate to have me as a mother. lol. my poor, poor family and what they have to go through to indulge my whims & fancies. hee hee.