Wednesday, January 9, 2013

another day, another random moment...

if random becomes my normal, does that mean that random isn't random anymore?

because seriously...the random stuff just keeps coming.

one of my favorite memories of texas is the time spent at interfaith of the woodlands...where i served as an event coordinator for senior citizens...partying, crafting, chatting with women who have lived their lives & oh, do they have stories to tell...and if you sit and listen long enough, they WILL tell you.

my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE sweet lady was/is janet.  from the moment i first met her i just bonded with her.  she had laughter in her eyes...she loved life...and i felt such a connection with her.

i moved.  i told her i'd keep in touch.  and i didn't.  life just got busy...and before i realized it, so much time had passed.  last year i ended up not sending out christmas cards...but THIS year, i sent a few.  and one of those was addressed to janet.

meanwhile, january 2 i logged on to the computer and searched classifieds...i've been working full time in my current retail position...and i DO love it.  but the reality is that if i'm going to work full time, i really need my paycheck to reflect the time spent away from my children...and it doesn't.  it's a GREAT job.  a GREAT company.  and i love it.  but i need more.

a job had JUST been posted...and it caught my eye.  EVENTS COORDINATOR for a community...planning things for seniors...and youth...with a touch of admin on the side...and experience working for nonprofits would be a plus.   it was like the job description was written just for me.

TURNS OUT IT WAS.  i just got home from my 'interview' which included paperwork for drug testing, an official job offer, etc. etc.

i'm excited to be heading back into my element...and hoping that it's a good fit...a little nervous about a new beginning...new people...new surroundings...which is normal...at least it is for me...

and i came home carrying dinner in my hands and those nervous thoughts on my mind...

laying on the table was a letter.

from janet.

sharing how she was thankful for our friendship and missed me.   she told me to keep smiling...to stay healthy...

the nervous thoughts fall off...the smile returns...

and i'm ready as i can be to step into this new season.

wish me luck.

xoxo.

No comments: