Friday, December 7, 2007

K is for KUDOS to KSBJ's KANKELFRITZ & the KOLACHE man

so, i'm laying in bed last night and the thought goes through my mind,

"tomorrow is the letter K on my blog. hmmm...what am i going to blog about?... "
'k' is a tough one...actually my friend angela (who i got this whole alphabet idea from in the first place) admitted to me that she hadn't updated HER blog for awhile because SHE was STUCK on K."

this morning i started my day the way i always do...turned on the radio & checked in on the website that i belong to...

my friend becky's husband is the morning DJ for KSBJ...michael kankelfritz is a funny dude. and his morning show was just named TOP MORNING SHOW in houston!

that's quite a feat, considering houston is the third largest city in the country.

you can listen online @ www.ksbj.org

so KUDOS to KSBJ's KANKELFRITZ.









and i thought "PERFECT...this is PERFECT for my K blog!"
but there's MORE. lol.
we didn't have any cereal in the house for breakfast...so i ran to a little store right up the road...not much from the outside...a combo liquor/convenience/donut/kolache store with bars across the windows...

i've never been there before...but our very first morning in texas, mr. chuck got breakfast there.





the older gentleman behind the counter boxed up my donuts & then put a couple kolaches in a bag for me. he gave me my total and i handed him my debit card.

"OOOOOOH, WE NO TAKE CREDIT CARDS...you have CASH? you have CHECK?"i said no and asked if he had an ATM.

"NO."
i said i was sorry, and turned to head to the door.

"OOOOOOOH, NO. NO. YOU TAKE DONUTS & KOLACHE. YOU COME BACK LATER, OKAY?"i couldn't believe it. in this day and age? are you KIDDING? but he was serious, with a giant smile on his face.

i thanked him over and over and came home with my OWN giant smile.

wow. KINDNESS lives.

and soooooo, KUDOS to the KOLACHE man too!

what a GREAT start to my morning.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, kindness does live in this world, but honestly girl, i think it some how finds it's way to you more often than anyone i know...but that is just fine with me, because it is well deserved. :)

hope you enjoyed those kolache(s) (lol, is that how you say it)

Anonymous said...

ps--you are going to catch up with me soon, i better get a move on, lol.

stacey said...

I heart Kolaches :)

Anonymous said...

I just want to know if you ever paid the KOLACHE man???? :)hee-hee

your sis
jenn

wendy said...

LOL jenn.

yes, we went by later.

he was just as sweet on my second visit...

he's won himself some very loyal customers :)