Wednesday, August 27, 2008

AIR FORCE ROTC GRADUATION

after two hotter-than-hot weeks of rotc basic training, austin graduated and is now officially AIRMAN CADET LEE.

the cadets were broken into groups at the beginning of training. they call those groups 'flights.' his flight was ranked number one throughout the training and they received special recognition at graduation for their performance. yeah austin!








after the graduation, his flight gathered for a quick word from their commander.






and then, i couldn't resist the next pic...love the look on austin's face...he loves me, he really loves me (even if i do make him do goofy things for my own amusement LOL)


he wasn't allowed to have ANY kind of soft drinks for the two weeks so we promised him a big ol' coke after graduation. we have a very sweet lady named GEORGIA who works at our corner store and she regularly tells me what a good boy austin is (he's my 'runner' if we need a gallon of milk, etc.)

and so, here is georgia, equally proud of austin (it takes a village, right?)

we're so proud of you austin!



2 comments:

stephanie h said...

YAY Austin! :)

Anonymous said...

I got all choked up. I am so proud of you, Austi Spumante.
Love,
Aunt Jennjer