Thursday, January 27, 2011

C is for CHOICES...




well, the countdown is on. bobby leaves MONDAY. oh MY gosh. the last time we did this, austin and jordan were 2 & 4 and he was LEAVING CBN. i stayed behind and sold the house. can you say dejavu? only this time, there are twice as many kids LOL.


and now we are full circle...and he's headed TO CBN. and this is going to be a big change for all of us. the little guys have been a little bit ornary lately...maybe it has something to do with daddy leaving...or maybe they're just being bratty? but either way, we've been having lots of conversation and verbal reminders about attitudes & CHOICES.


when mommy or daddy tell them to DO SOMETHING, the answer needs to be an IMMEDIATE 'yes mommy,' or 'yes daddy.'


no arguing. no complaining. no justifying. just a heart of obedience. IMMEDIATELY.


and as i have these conversations with them, i cringe inside as i am faced with the hypocrisy of that expectation.


do I respond that way? i'd be LYING if i said yes.


i don't want to have to debate with my kid just to get them to do something that they KNOW they should be doing. i should be able to trust them to just DO IT. and they should be able to trust ME enough to know that I don't demand things from them that are too much for them. it's not like i'm asking my six year old to cut the grass...or asking my 15 year old to prepare a gourmet meal...the things i ask of them are things that i KNOW they are capable of...and if it's something that is a little beyond their norm, i teach them...i guide them...i HELP them...


Lord, help me to respond to you more quickly...more obediently...help me to trust YOU. that you would NOT ask me to do something that you don't believe i'm capable of doing. and that if you see that i'm in over my head, you'll be right there to walk me through it.


xoxo.

No comments: