Monday, January 24, 2011

A is for ADVENTURE

so, it was suggested to me that perhaps i should actually pay attention to my poor neglected blog and begin tracking this new journey we are on. and since i tend to forget my blog lately, i'm going to do this alphabetically, hoping it will help me stay on course.'

so A is for ADVENTURE.


the name wendy means WANDERER. some people have meaning to their names that seems so poetic...so beautiful...not mine. mine just sounds LOST.


combine that with the fact that i have moved TWENTY SEVEN times in my twenty nine years (okay, one of those numbers is accurate, one isn't...hee hee) and you can see that i'm not crazy about being dubbed a WANDERER.


BUT i recently stumbled across this quote...a quote that somehow i've never heard before...and i'm very glad to know it exists...because i feel like it re-defines all of this 'wandering' i've been doing:


and i LOVE this. i love looking back and thinking that this wasn't just aimless wandering (well, maybe SOME of it might have been LOL) but it was WANDERING WITH A PURPOSE.


from the beginning of time...before i was born...God had already orchestrated all the days of my life...now, i don't necessarily think he plotted out every thing that's happened to me (i mean, some of this stuff i have to take responsibility for...like the time i turned my hair blue...or the time my baby sis & i decided to hitch a ride in a limo and were certain we would be kidnapped & murdered)...but even in those moments of sheer stupidity, He was THERE with us.


and soooooo, as we start this new adventure, i shall type...from my heart...and use this as a form of therapy to help me sort through the feelings...the emotions...because right now they are all jumbled and mixed.


the only thing...well, no...the only ONE that i am certain of is the God of this universe...who knows my name...who knows where i'm going...even though i don't...and i trust that if he has looked out for me before i was even born, he surely isn't going to stop now.


so God, if you hear me clicking away on this keyboard, know that i'm trying...know that i'm really, really okay with this. i have no doubt that you have purpose in this...and that I AM NOT LOST. you are leading us on. and i trust you. most of the time.


xoxo.

6 comments:

twindahl said...

Such a great post Wen. We'll be following every bit and praying for you guys!

pinkebody said...

I'm out of the loop & not sure what's going on, but I hope your Adventure is a fabulous one <3

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, live it!

Terri

Anonymous said...

So heartfelt and tender. I pray that you continue to trust God. Wendy, you are NOT LOST, just one of many of us who continue to follow his beckoning. Dear Wendy, you are most precious in his sight.

notjustanylisa said...

Looking forward to reading your updates!

Pamela Lozano said...

Wendy - such a great way to start this adventure - honest and vulnerable!! love it!! Praying for grace as you obey His leading!!