Sunday, October 7, 2012

back to life. back to reality.

hello blog.  it's been awhile.

if you know me at ALL, you know that it's when i get too quiet that you have to worry.  quiet is NOT my nature.  AND if you know me at ALL then you know that i DEFINITELY prefer to see the positives in life.  not that my life is all rosy and perfect.  i think we can pretty much all agree on that.  but i also know that I.AM.BLESSED.  life, even with all it's bumps & bruises, has been worth living.  it's been a journey.  filled with all sorts of surprises.

highs.
lows.
ups.
downs.
dead ends.
roads to no where.
unexpected turns that led to places beyond my wildest dreams.

the road, these last few months, has been exhausting.

austin really REALLY struggled with the goodbyes associated with his transition to liberty university.  it was U.G.L.Y.  but he's on the other side.  he's got a GREAT group of friends, a SUPER future ahead of him, and he has looked anxiety in the face and said NO WAY.  and i'm so so proud of him.

while i was trying to carry austin through HIS sadness, i was also trying to carry bobby & carson through THEIRS.  the two of them  have also been majorly impacted by austin's departure.  jordan & hudson are cut from a different cloth and their biggest worries are what to wear (jordan) and are there enough cans of spaghetti-o's in the house (hudson).

meanwhile, my hours at work have been increased, i'm going full time soon, and i've some days wondered WHO THE HECK IS GOING TO CARRY ME???????  i've just been TIRED.  exhausted really.  and i don't like to whine.  i don't like to hear other people whine.  and so i've done my best to keep my whining to myself.

i have picked myself up, dusted off any heaviness and am carrying myself, thank you very much.  september 9, two weeks out from my birthday, i decided ENOUGH and began to concentrate once again on eating healthier.  i had become a PRO at that in texas.  and in the midst of all of the change, all of the loss associated with this move, i had just let it go.  NO MORE.  down seven pounds and feeling better.  i have also added exercise back into my day.  sure, i'm on my feet all day at work...but i'm talking the kind of exercise that leaves you dripping with sweat.  yeah, yeah...i know...girls don't sweat.  maybe some don't, but THIS GIRL DOES.  and i feel better when i do (provided i can bathe with some yummy smelly stuff, my favorite scent right now being PINK CHIFFON from bath and body works).

anyhow, that's where i've been.  what i've been up to.  and i'm feeling a little more like the real me again.  it feels good.


and now that i'm back, let the blogging begin.  starting with an entry fresh from this morning :)

No comments: