Saturday, May 3, 2008

FOURTEEN DAYS WORTH

it's been a BUSY two weeks. we closed on the house on a thursday but the owners didn't actually move out until friday night. no time was wasted and first thing saturday morning, the makeover fun began...and is still underway.
no where NEAR done but we are making huge progress and it feels like HOME already.


in typical fashion, it seems that every where i turn, i come across some ridiculous deal that is exactly what i was looking for. case in point: our kitchen table and chairs were a very tight fit in the eat-in area of the kitchen...i found these chairs at target for 75% off... $12.50 a chair!!! unreal. THANK YOU GOD! still have to find two more so we can all sit down together...but i know that they're OUT THERE somewhere :) and the looooong narrow table was in the scratch and dent room at ikea with one teensy scratch on it. PERFECT for our big family, small space. (ignoring the wallpaper...that will eventually be gone...just not yet):


my friend jana brought us a gorgeous cake tonight...ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and TASTY to boot! THANK YOU JANA! you are wonderwoman.

full of not only cake, but also gratitude for all of the good things that have come our way.
will continue to update on our progress. xoxo.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have done a fabulous job on the house. I like the colors, very warm and inviting. The boys room is so cute. Can't wait to see it in person. Your hard work truly paid off. I'm a great bargain shopper and you put me to shame. Can't wait to get there and have your golden touch :)
love you, hopefully we will be there soon.
Jennifer

Diane said...

Your home looks great!! Do you want me to check my Targets for more chairs? Then you will HAVE to come see Sharron and me!!he he

wendy said...

diane, that would be awesome! they are in sets of two and they're 'espresso' brown. they were normally 99.99 and they were 24.98 or something crazy like that. i just need two more. otherwise, i'm going to embrace the 'mis-matched' look LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Wendy, you did an excellent job as I knew that you would and in such a short time. Who else can have a moved-in look in just
1 1/2 weeks!?!
Your bedroom looks like HGTV makeover.
Bobby will have to do the lighting for us - he really put a shine on things!
Jordan, we just love your new hat.
Love,love,love, Mom

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new house purchase

can't wait to see the rest of the transformation.

all my best

mrs. lori

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful:) I sit here with tears running down my face wishing it was only 10 minutes away. I miss you my dearest friend!!!

Monica

Jana Anderson said...

Hey Neighbor! How many times can I "pop" in this week before I totally bug?

xoxo Jana

wendy said...

pop away my friend, pop away!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home!!! It looks like you've been comfy there for years! I'm not surprised at all though, you are such a warm family.