Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 days of thanks, DAY 28.

tonight i am thankful for the encouragement of friends...

i'm thankful that i'm not a quitter.

i'm thankful that through the years, no matter WHAT has been thrown my way, i have had the tenacity to just keep fighting.

that strength is nothing i can take credit for.  i believe it is a god given gift...something he knew i was going to need from an early age.  i'm so thankful for that.  it truly is a gift that i do not take for granted.

yesterday my boss said something to me that i really wasn't sure how to take...

she said that in her lifetime she's only met a handful of people who have this 'magic' quality of being able to engage people the way that i do.  that if there is anyone who has 'schmooze power' it's me...

i was like, 'um, is that supposed to be a compliment?'  

LOLOLOL.

she insists that it was...and that she's glad that i choose to use my 'power' for good and not evil.

HA HA HA HA HA.

it's truly just an ability to be genuinely interested in other people, to want to make THEIR day better, brighter.  while i don't believe that i have magical powers (LOL), i DO believe that there are incredibly magical powers in a smile :)

and through the years i have CHOSEN to smile.  

in fact, i'm smiling as i type this.

i love life.  i love the people that i meet every day.   some people are only there for a moment (like the little old lady who slapped my hiney yesterday in starbucks LOL)...and some of you have been around for what feels like forever...and have NOT slapped my hiney...in starbucks or anywhere else LOL.  i'm thankful for that too :)

thanks for traveling this road with me.  thanks for encouraging me, for believing in me, for giving me reasons to smile.

and since this post is sort of 'magical' here's one of my fave random pics i've ever captured...i spotted this truck on laskin road and it was during a time where i thought 'YEP, I COULD DEFINITELY USE A LITTLE 'ELFIN' MAGIC ABOUT NOW.'

and maybe a cookie too :)


No comments: