Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 days of thanksgiving. DAY ONE.

for the last few years my friends and i have taken the month of november to DAILY reflect on the things that we are thankful for.  obviously, we are thankful other months of the year too (maybe not july.  i don't really like july.  july is way too hot.   i might like it better if i could like, go to alaska or something for the month).

anyhow, today begins my personal thirty days of thanksgiving.  

and i'll start with something simple.

i'm thankful for the ability to smile.

i'm thankful that the years have NOT wiped the smile from my face, nor the joy from my heart.

i'm thankful that through all the hard times...which started at a really early age...there has been grace and strength to continue to find the positives.

my sister says it's how i survived.  i believe her.

as i look back over my shoulder at the past (much like "little me" in this very vintage photograph LOL), i have no regrets.  life is what it is.  it has taken me on the journey that has made me who i am.



and who i am is someone special.  someone who is grateful for the simple things in life, someone who doesn't  need or expect too much.  

what i want more than anything is for my smile to be returned.  so if you see me smiling at you, know that it's not because i have no cares, no worries.  trust me.  i do.  more than you can possibly imagine.  don't confuse my smile for an easy life.  

my smile is my badge of courage to face a difficult one.

and if you are reading this you are part of my journey.  and i'm thankful that at some point in time YOU have been my reason to smile.  i hope that you can say the same about me.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thanks for the millions of times you have made me smile and continue to do so! Xoxo