Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 days of thanksgiving. DAYS 9 & 10

little did i know when i typed my post about just wanting to put day eight to rest that there was more to come.

this sleepy chick DID put the day to rest.  but just because I was sleeping didn't mean the rest of the world just stopped.  it didn't.

and neither did some old lady who came flying down centerville turnpike, not realizing that traffic had come to a complete stop due to a drawbridge being open.  she slammed into a truck.  and that truck slammed into bobby...who was on his way to pick up jordan from a sweet 16 bonfire.

i am thankful that no one was hurt.  i am thankful that our car wasn't the one that took the direct hit.  i am thankful that the kids weren't in the car.  i am thankful for insured drivers.  i am thankful for repair shops.  and rental cars.  and all that jazz.  

and bobby is thankful for ibuprofen :)

***************************

MOVING ON to day TEN, which was yesterday (i am DETERMINED TO CATCH UP BY END OF DAY today)...

yesterday was our BIG HALLMARK HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE.  giant, huge, whopping, festive christmas party at the hallmark store.

the hallmark i work for is franchised...the owners have nineteen stores along the east coast.  i am thankful that i had the chance to meet them yesterday morning.  thankful for great customers who ALWAYS make me smile.  thankful for the opportunity to get dressed up, smile & spread some cheer to these sweet little ladies who come in shopping for their families.  i am thankful to listen to their stories...they inspire me.  these women have history behind their eyes.  and i'd love to just go home with some of them and snuggle up on their couch and LISTEN.  is that weird????  these women make me smile :)

but the one who REALLY put the smile on my face yesterday was my dear sweet LORI.  (for all you nostalgic romantics, doesn't that remind you of little women?  the rest of you are like what the heck are you talking about).  in any case, MY lori is a girl...and she recently decided to adopt me as her big sister.  i am so very blessed to have her in my life.

she treated me to my FIRST EVER manicure.  and i enjoyed it very much.  but mostly i just enjoyed the company.  and lol that the picture she took includes my starbucks.  so so appropriate.

lori, i am so very glad our paths crossed.  you are a forever friend.  and my life is better with you in it.  thank you for being real.  for allowing me to be real.  for loving my children.  for opening up your home to us.  i adore you sweet girl.  thanks for loving me & making ME smile.

xoxo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Lori. I'm glad you found each other. I think you are probably adding a lot to her life, too. (and lots of giggles)