Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 days of thanksgiving. day FOURTEEN, day FIFTEEN.

yesterday i went to bed without expressing my gratitude.

it's not that i WASN'T grateful.  it's just that i was REALLY tired.

and so i'm going to retroactively express my thanks for a good night's sleep.  i needed it.  i'm thankful for children who sleep through the night.  i'm thankful for my dog that alerts me if there are any sounds that are out of place.  i'm thankful that my apartment doesn't face the parking lot so i don't have to hear car doors all night long.  i'm thankful that when i went to bed last night i didn't know what today would hold.

which brings me to day FIFTEEN.

i'm thankful for new beginnings.  i'm thankful that my life is an adventure.  i'm thankful that i have been pre-programmed to not only accept, but thrive, on change.

i'm thankful that through the years i have learned to be secure in who i am.

i mean, I'M NOT GONNA LIE...there are days where i definitely struggle...with my looks, or my weight, or my mind, or my parenting skills, or my intelligence...i could go on and on and on and on...

but OVERALL, i am pretty sure of who i am.  it's been years in the making though.  every year that goes by, it seems i discover a little more about me.  and what makes me who i am.   i am thankful that i am SURE ENOUGH of who i am that when OTHERS try to place limits or labels on me that DON'T FIT ME, i'm able to shrug it off, toss it aside.

tonight i KNOW WHO I AM.

and while i'm not sure what the future holds, i AM sure that WHO I AM is someone who has the guts, the grit, the determination to hang in there and see where life takes me.

the world keeps spinning, i keep smiling and somehow i'm going to get to where it is i'm supposed to be.

it appears i am turning the page to a new chapter.  and i'm excited that my story isn't over yet.



i am thankful for THAT.  and believe it or not, much as i DID enjoy sitting by the pool and reading this summer, i'm ACTUALLY thankful for the freezing cold outside too :)  there's always self tanner, right?

No comments: